Patrick E. McNabb, PhD, MA, MABC
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred method of communication)
LinkedIn (with sample portfolio): https://www.linkedin.com/in/pmcnabb/
Website (currently in process of being constructed/updated): https://drmcnabbmedia.com/
PhD Media Psychology
Fielding Graduate University (GPA combined for PhD & MA: 4.023/4.000)
(Note: Fielding does not award Latin honors)
Includes instruction and experience with psychology, storytelling (especially transmedia), branding, gaming, social media, virtual reality (VR), extended reality (XR), augmented reality (AR), mixed reality (MR), visualization, media literacy (such as validating sources, and detecting misinformation and disinformation), statistics, research (inc. qualitative, quantitative, & mixed methods methodology and analysis), and database management.
MA Media Psychology
Fielding Graduate University (GPA combined with PhD GPA)
MA Business Communication (MABC)
Jones International University, summa cum laude (GPA: 4.000/4.000)
Includes Graduate Certificates, with Honors, in Project Management and Team-based Communication
Diploma Video Production
Broadcasting Institute of Maryland
St. Mary’s College of Maryland
AA Arts and Humanities
College of Southern Maryland (formerly Charles County Community College)
Information and Media Technology Skills
10+ years of experience working with multiple generations of business/research/multi-media applications and other office automation hardware-software, including: Social Media (inc. TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Reddit, Tumblr, LinkedIn, and Facebook), artificial intelligence (AI) (inc. ChatGPT & other applications), Windows and Mac Operating Systems (OS), HTML, Office Automation (inc. Canvas, Jibble, Slack, Trello, Gather and Zoho & MS Office (inc. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher)), Adobe Acrobat Pro, InDesign, Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics, SPSS, Smartphones (such as Android), Samsung Gear VR (Virtual Reality), browsers such as Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, video recorders, cameras and players (analog and digital, standard and high definition) and various video, image and sound editing software packages.
(Please Note: Overall, I have 11+ years of experience working and communicating with organizations of several different types and in several different industries, including non-profit and for profit. Please see my LinkedIn profile for a complete accounting of my professional employment history and/or just ask me. Thanks!)
Chesapeake College (Wye Mills, MD) Aug 2023 – present
- I am now teaching 1 COM-101 class in-person Mondays and Wednesdays beginning Aug. 21 and ending Dec. 11 (aka the Fall term)
- Communication topics covered include business/organizational communication, verbal and non-verbal best practices, communication ethics, public speaking, and group-based communication
Future is Now Coalition (FiNC) (remote) Feb 2023 – July 2023
Research Director (promotion)
- Basically, I headed up a team of research creatives and help integrate them and our efforts with our larger team at FiNC, including Art, Marketing, and Outreach.
- I consulted regularly with company leadership on areas related to my expertise, such as messaging and product and service development and implementation.
- In addition, I also collected facts for the various departments, assure their credibility and reliability, and publish them in an ongoing company spreadsheet of “Master” facts and/or in articles for company publication.
Future is Now Coalition (FiNC) (remote) Dec 2022 – Feb 2023
Library Research Expert & Quality Assurance
- I ascertained the credibility and reliability of articles and other information resources in FiNC’s library, as well as providing my expertise concerning other aspects of business life at FiNC relating to information, communication, and motivation.
Self-Employment Chestertown, MD January 2017 – present
Freelance Journalist, Researcher, Copywriter, and Media Psychologist
- Work includes Media Research for Hybrid Cinema of Los Angeles, CA and Copywriting on-demand for Tanglewood Conservatories of Denton, MD, including blog posts, email teasers & other copy. All work completed and submitted remotely.
Published Work Featured In: The Tanglewood Conservatories’ Business website (including President’s blog and client emails), the (Maryland) Waterman’s Gazette, The Bay Weekly (Annapolis, MD), and Medium.com. Writing examples and/or portfolio available on request.
Workhorse America Towson, MD (remote) January – March 2018
Social Media Specialist Trainee (via the Maryland Tech Connection (MTC))
(Note: This was a progressive 3-Month Traineeship arranged & paid via the MTC. It allowed me to get real-world experience while I used my expertise to help a company improve their social media strategy and content.)
- Advised on Workhorse America’s social media strategy and content by providing state-of-the-art advice on an almost daily basis
- Provided a comprehensive, original, social media performance plan outlining recommended social media strategy based on company marketing goals and desires.
- Provided or forwarded original content on a daily basis for Company social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn) – approximately 445 Facebook Posts, 735 Tweets, and 38 LinkedIn ads (total)
Washington College Chestertown, MD January – February 2018
Instructor – Academy of Lifelong Learning
- Developed and taught an introductory class on Media Psychology, divided topically into a 5-Week course, once a week for 1 hour
- Instructed upwards of 70 students in-person utilizing a multi-media lecture and discussion format
Maryland Watermen’s Association Annapolis, MD April 2016 – January 2017
- Wrote for, reported for, and helped edit the Association’s flagship publication the Waterman’s Gazette, a monthly print publication with an estimated readership of 5000 covering local to national seafood issues and other topics of interest to members and friends of the Maryland seafood industry
- Assisted with the Association’s e-commerce by filling out phone and web-based orders, including orders related to the Association’s yearly seafood trade exposition
- Collaborated with Supervisor to maintain and update content on the Association’s Facebook page
- Assisted in the formatting and presentation of the Association’s newly revamped website
- Performed clerical tasks on a daily basis such as directing phone traffic and otherwise answering queries from Association members and the general public via email, phone, and social media. Other duties included updating the Association’s online calendar and taking Association Board meeting minutes
Bogue Systems Inc. Remote & Onsite in Paterson, NJ November 2009 – June 2010
Business Development Consultant
- Researched and bid on Federal Government contracting opportunities in conjunction with on-site staff
- Recommended e-commerce technologies in accordance with current and projected Federal Government procurement standards
- Increased contract awards from the Defense Logistics Agency by 554%, (12 – January through June 2010, compared to 13 total for the calendar years 2006-9)
- Created a draft company website in MS Publisher
CACI International Arlington, VA December 2003 – June 2007
Technical Writer I
Edited CACI – MDA (Missile Defense Agency) Monthly Contracts Status Report using data from 30+ company personnel located across the United States
- Updated and edited the resume database for local Business Group (BG 01)
CACI International Arlington, VA February 2001 – December 2003
Contracts Administrator I
- Established completion of 100+ MDA contracts and CACI subcontracts enabling unused funds and resources to be recovered for Agency / Company use
- Compiled, critiqued, rectified, analyzed and reported the 100+ page monthly MDA Contract-Closeout Status Report
- Created newsletters, online features and photo essays to publicize the staff, achievements and technical products of the BG 01 business group
Veridian Engineering California, MD May 2000 – November 2000
Junior Program Analyst
- Contributed on-site and off-site administrative support, including desktop publishing, document archiving, and contract performance reporting for company efforts related to the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet fighter airplane program at the Patuxent River Naval Air Station
United Cerebral Palsy of Southern Maryland (UCP) Lexington Park, MD Mar 1999 – May 2000
Caregiver, Activities Assistant, Job Coach
- Provided direct care, job coaching, activities-assistance and transportation for seizure-prone and special needs developmentally disabled adults
- Accomplished duties on site and off site during shifts of up to 14 hours and during emergency situations